Maya and I enjoy making these with our ripe bananas. This recipe is quick to put together and Georgia will even eat them because she can’t tell there are bananas in the batter. Shhh don’t tell her.
Ingredients $0.00 (15 Servings)
- flour 1.5 cups
- sugar 1/3 cup
- light brown sugar lightly packed 1/3 cup
- baking powder 1.5 tsp.
- salt (I use kosher salt) 1/4 tsp.
- mashed bananas (2-3 bananas) 1 cup
- egg 1
- unsalted butter melted 1/2 cup
- vanilla 1 tsp.
- semi sweet chocolate chips divided 1 cup + 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 15 muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry just until there are no large streaks of flour.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
This recipe is adapted from https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/Tags: muffins