The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the parades, cookouts, parties, and even the humid heat of summer. The last several years we have gone to my parents house for a cookout. Guess how many children were there? 16! Despite that many little people, it was fun and a perfect meal of mini burgers on brioche buns, strawberry salad, baked beans, watermelon, and tons of dessert. My sister’s flag cake sort of rained on my fruit pizza parade because it looked professionally done, but the fruit pizza was tasty and one you could make for any holiday or party by changing up the colors of the fruit. Happy 4th and God Bless ‘Merica.
Ingredients $0.00 (1 Servings)
- cream cheese softened 4 oz.
- cool whip thawed 4 oz.
- powdered sugar 1.5 cups
- vanilla 1 tsp.
For the Fruit Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread sugar cookie dough in a large circle on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the cookie dough is set. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir into the mixture.
- Carefully fold in the cool whip.
- Spread cream cheese and cool whip mixture on cooled cookie dough.
- Slice strawberries.
- Arrange all berries in a cool design however you so choose! Serve pizza by cutting into slices.
*TIP: I found a mixing bowl the size of a large circle. I put the bowl upside down on the parchment paper and traced the bowl with a pencil. Then I flipped the parchment paper over. This made it an easy to press the raw cookie dough into a perfect circle before baking.
Adapted from a fun and creative blog – lmld.org (like mother like daughter)